About Me

My photo
Blue Ridge Area of Virginia
Alicha McHugh is author of "Daughter of the Promise" first in her: Numbered Among the Stars series (available on Amazon.com). She is a homemaker to her husband of 15 years, homeschooler to their children. Writing, enjoying tea and creaming Raw Honey are three of her current pursuits. Grabbing time to read is always high on her list of priorities! If you'd like to contact her, she'd love to hear from you! Just email: alichamchugh@gmail.com

Thursday, August 29, 2013

"Covert Affairs" not a review...not YET :)

Okay, so this is not a review, rather a thought rabbit trailed by the most recent episode. I will be reviewing it in time but for now I've got this to share...Was watching an episode today, WHILE working-out on my mini trampoline ;) , and was really bothered by one of the evil characters in the story, his words, position and power.

On the screen, Henry Wilcox, a character given almost God-like qualities, was boasting in these and I knew the moment my flesh started to draw similarities between my Lord and this evil man. But then questions came to mind "What's the writer's point here? Where is this going?"

Slight Aside: I've learned in the past decade, questions that challenge my faith are good because my faith doesn't depend on me...it depends on Him. And always, EVERY TIME, He answers. He alone is faithful...He tells us, "Draw near to me and I will draw near to you."

Think about it, how do we draw near to people, break faulty assumptions and actually find out who someone is? We ask questions. Sometimes hard questions even if sometimes those questions are about something that may have a semblance of truth wrapped around a putrid lie and you need help figuring out what's what. You can not do this without the truth of God's Word. "For the Word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword...piercing even to the dividing asunder of Soul and of Spirit and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Back to the episode in progress: Suddenly, in the middle of the argument, the man faltered in his verbal assault and shouted at his victim, "I held out my hand and pulled you out of the fire!"

At that line, the lies lost their grip and truth shined, dispelling the shadows.

I used to think God, being God, was there to pull us out of the fires of our lives and then the Big one at the end. But I've since learned God's endgame and it's NOT fire insurance. Please tell my you know that...I'm sure you suspected...Even I did.

For believers in the LORD. JESUS. CHRIST.,(each name is important to comprehend) our lives are to bring Him Glory, for our Betterment. That dual relationship of "His Glory, Our Good" is showcased perfectly by his Word.

He doesn't stand outside fires cheering us on or letting us get burned...he walks through the fire WITH us, promising we will not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon us...

What a beautiful contrast! 

No comments: