About Me

My photo
Blue Ridge Area of Virginia
Alicha McHugh is author of "Daughter of the Promise" first in her: Numbered Among the Stars series (available on Amazon.com). She is a homemaker to her husband of 15 years, homeschooler to their children. Writing, enjoying tea and creaming Raw Honey are three of her current pursuits. Grabbing time to read is always high on her list of priorities! If you'd like to contact her, she'd love to hear from you! Just email: alichamchugh@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

~Lifeline~

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says~ Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

These verses are a lifeline to me. They remind me I’m situationally in the “will of God” in whatever circumstance I am in. That‘s as huge as the storm I may be in at that moment. Then the Holy Spirit shows me where I am in the light of all eternity ~ positionally I am "in Christ"…though my life is taken away, I AM safe. And finally the "for you" reminds me of Ps 139…how he has fashioned all my days and laid them out for me, FOR ME!

I wondered once why we still sometimes fold our hands in prayer, even as adults. I mean, I know why we have our children fold their hand:.to keep them from playing around while praying. And maybe it's something that simple...or maybe not. I’d like to share with you what I came up with…

There are two sides, which in God’s perfect will, become one by His power. In one hand you have “our good”, meaning our best interest, that which we hope for in every situation, the seen and the unseen. In the other hand you have the purpose of our being, the bring of Glory to God. When we fold our hands together in prayer, we are symbolically affirming what God has promised to do as he moves in each of our lives, melding our best interest with His Glory. The realization that these two are never, EVER in contradition in the life of a believer is a powerful, freeing truth.

The verses I gave above help remind me of this truth when “for my good” feels anything but good…Do you have "Lifeline" verses you cling to? If you are so lead...share below!

No comments: