About Me

My photo
Blue Ridge Area of Virginia
Alicha McHugh is author of "Daughter of the Promise" first in her: Numbered Among the Stars series (available on Amazon.com). She is a homemaker to her husband of 15 years, homeschooler to their children. Writing, enjoying tea and creaming Raw Honey are three of her current pursuits. Grabbing time to read is always high on her list of priorities! If you'd like to contact her, she'd love to hear from you! Just email: alichamchugh@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Garden is Growing!

Gardens are growing. What a miracle! How wonderous that a little seed I planted two weeks ago has sprouted. When I was a child, learning of the fall of man, I marveled that anyone would want to be a farmer...Now I think, 'Wow, God could have made it so much harder...but he didn't."

After several years of this city chick sowing seeds and basic gardening, I still have so little faith that something I plant will grow. But God had still chosen to bless, and despite my nay saying ('there are too many roots and rocks') and 'negative waves', as my husband calls it, we have vegitation! And it's strong! Amazing!

If God cares so much for such a little thing, a thing he specifically cursed...will he not see to the concerns of my heart, to cover them with his good will and grace? My life, my daughter, my husband, my family, my writing, my all are always in his hand. That said, may my prayer be sincere, in faith, as the prophet Habakkuk praised God,
  • "Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls- Yet I will joy in the God of my salvation The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, and will make me walk on my high hills." [Habakkuk 3:17-19]

No comments: